What is Resharper:
Resharper for visual studio is a renowned developer productivity extension. It means to automate those coding routines that are automatable. Moreover, Resharper is proficient in detecting compiler errors, runtime errors, redundancies, and code smells while you type. Thereby proposes intelligent corrections for them.
In addition, Resharper helps you in exploring code since it can visualize files’ structures, type, and style hierarchies. Besides, the software allows you to traverse your entire solution immediately and jump right to the exact required file. As a result of which library code may decompile if necessary.
Features of Resharper for visual studio:
While improving code quality, Resharper for visual studio does not overlook to do automatic error-checking and code correction efficiently. With this application, you need not spend a lot of time on routine, repetitive manual work. Rather you can concentrate on the task at hand. So the program truly means to help with multiple services in minimum time that are certainly short-listed below:
Analyze code quality:
Eliminates errors and code smells:
The functionality of ReSharper is not restricted to the analysis of the code’s problem. But the tool serves with hundreds of quick-fixes as automatic solutions to the issues. So just select the most appropriate quick-fix from the options and get ready to enjoy.
Changes the code base securely:
Either you want to revitalize legacy code or need to organize your project structure. Resharper for visual studio is your perfect destination since code refactoring allows you to safely change your codebase.
Code editing helpers:
Fortunately, the program features multiple code editing helpers. For instance, extended IntelliSense, hundreds of instant code transformations, auto-importing namespaces, rearranging code, and displaying documentation.
Comply with coding standards:
The function of code styling and formatting with fine-tuned, language-specific settings will help you avoid unused code. As a result of which the tool creates a common coding standard for your team.
The amazing part of the story is Code generation actions that handle boilerplate code quite efficiently. That’s why no need to write properties, overloads, implementations, and comparers by hand.
Resharper for visual studio features 60+ refactorings and 450+ context actions. Most importantly, they help in safely organizing the code and moving it around the solution. Also, they are competent to distribute responsibility, decouple, decrease complexity, or simply use alternative language syntax.
Code formatting and cleanup:
What’s new in Resharper for visual studio 2019.2:
- While promoting more usage of C#8, this version supports several language features. For instance, indices, ranges, and unmanaged generic structs. Besides, numerous new quick-fixes, inspections, and context actions are a member of this new edition now.
- Noticeable improvement in ‘Convert concatenation to interpolation context action’.
- Overall amelioration in functioning is like a spark to the application. Above all, a new quicker “MSBuild-based” way to make a project model is one of few stances.
- Latest debugger data tips that respect the Enable property evaluation and other implicit function call settings.
- Moreover, on-demand evaluation of property values is a classical addition.
- Several enhancements in navigation and the code formatting engine.
- MS Visual Studio 2019 supports the Per-Monitor DPI Awareness mode
System requirements for Resharper for visual studio:
min. Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz
- For Visual Studio integration: min. 4 GB, suggested 6 GB or greater.
- For standalone dotTrace, dotMemory, dotPeek: min. 512 MB, suggested 2 GB or greater
- Minimum space: 400 Mb
- Using SSD instead of HDD is suggested for superb performance
Operating system (a 64-bit OS is the biggest recommendation for maximum performance):
- Microsoft Windows 10,8.1,8,7
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 & R2 & Server 2008 R2
4.6.1 or greater.